Anna told us right after her third birthday that she wanted a space party next and she never wavered in her decision. It was pretty fun planning it although I admit I may have spent a little too much time on some of the decorations. We had a really big push to finish the floor and get the trim up in our family room before the party and while it was more than a little stressful we are thrilled to have this stage of the project done!
![]() |
| Planets everywhere! |
One of the most time consuming projects I took on was making all the planets out of paper lanterns and styrofoam balls. The sizes are not to scale and if you give me grief about it I may hurt you ;) but I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. We plan to hang them up in Anna's room so they will get used more than once (if we ever get them up).
Anna had requested a space shuttle and this is what we came up with. Kevin did the initial construction and some of the tape and I did the painting.
This was the first party we've had at our house and we were excited to finally have a bunch of people over to help us celebrate Anna turning 4.
There were space shuttles for decorating and space pages for coloring and stamping.
We lucked out with the weather being mild and we were able to put the bouncy house up outside for all the kiddos to jump on.
It was a big hit!
Finally it was cake time and all the kids were excited.
I was pretty pumped too. I decided to take on my own cake this year and although it doesn't look exactly as I'd intended I was still happy with it.
| Moon cake! |
This was definitely the most fun birthday party for me. Not only did I love the theme but Anna is at such an amazing age for it. She was so incredibly excited about everything for her birthday.
Watching her as we sang 'Happy Birthday' was so much fun so there are a ton of pictures.
We also had cupcakes.
And star, planet, and #4 cookies!
We hadn't intended to open gifts but Anna really wanted to and I think her friends were excited to watch. Everyone was so generous and thoughtful and Anna was ecstatic about everything.
As usual I wish I had taken more pictures of the party decor and of people but it's so tough when you are hosting. We did get my Mom to take a family picture before they left though.
![]() |
| Sparkly Grandma found a red NASA shirt for Anna...amazing! |
I still can't believe that my little girl is 4 years old already. At her 4 year appointment she was around 60% for weight and 20% for height- I think. I can't find the paperwork and I've been terrible about writing things down. (I will edit this if/when I find it). Everything else is looking good for her though. We have a spirited, loving, sweet, bright little girl on our hands and we love her so much.







No comments:
Post a Comment