The weekend after visiting Brian and Moria, Kevin was off for a guys weekend and I wanted to do something fun with the girls. I'd heard about this GLOW Jack-O-Lantern Festival on Facebook and I thought it sounded like a fun thing to do with the girls. For some reason I thought it was a little closer than it was and this made the outing a little longer and more exhausting than intended but we still had fun.
Caught a hayride and the girls loved it despite Jane's expression. She just doesn't really like people that she doesn't know.
My two little cuties.
"A tractor Mommy!"
The jack-o-lantern walk was pretty cool. There were over 700 pumpkins carved and the girls enjoyed it.
A kind stranger offered to take a photo of all of us.
The festival was fun but I definitely learned a few things to make it go smoother if we ever go in the future. I saw people eating out in the parking lot (some were even grilling) and this is an amazing idea. The lines for food were ridiculous and with small children and no other adult they were impossible. We did manage to grab a few overpriced hotdogs afterwards but it wasn't really worth it. Also, next time I'll bring all my own glow stick wands/bracelets/whatever from the dollar tree rather than paying $3 for a glow stick with a butterfly on top that your 3 year old loses on a pitch black trail packed with people.
There were some really cool parts of the walk though. My personal favorite was the 'fairy forest'. It started out with a display of pumpkins and varying fairies carved in them. Next, we entered a wooded area and they had lights projected and it made it seem like you were in a fairy forest.
Despite the stressful portions it was overall a fun experience. If we go again I'm going to remember my personal tips and make sure I have another adult with me. I was very thankful for the snacks I brought and our double stroller.
No comments:
Post a Comment