We started Anna in dance in January through Lenexa Community Center. It is a pretty low key dance class (which I'm happy about for this age). The rehearsal was Wednesday mornings and there was an Open Gym I could take Jane to or a park at the end of the parking lot during nice weather. Anna also loved her teacher Miss Tauna. They had a Spring Recital that Anna took part in and we were all pretty excited about it.
We even had some special guests drive in for the recital!
The tap number was to the Sesame Street Theme Song.
It was mostly singing and little tapping but it was absolutely adorable. The girls looked stunning in their costumes.
The ballet number was to Trolls and was also adorable. There were marks on the stage for the girls to stand on and they obviously stressed this to the kids. Anna is the rule follower and found a spot on the stage and stopped. Unfortunately it was not "her" spot and she stopped early causing a bunch of adorably dressed little girls to run into Anna. It was hilarious.
Eventually all the girls were in their proper places.
The dance was darling and Anna forgot half of the dance moves. I loved all of it. So proud of my little girl for getting on stage for the first time and giving it her all.
Post-recital flowers!
I was recording so I don't have any recital pictures but there was a Daddy-Daughter Dance that was amazing.
An attempt at a family picture.
We were so happy Grandma, Grandpa, Hailie, and Seth were able to come!
Jane wanted to dance so much and loved all the pretty costumes. She is looking forward to the day when she gets to be on stage too.
Parents weren't allowed backstage so I didn't get to take pictures of Anna in all of her costumes. Once we got home I had to do a mini photo shoot to capture her and all of her cuteness.
The tap costume was so incredibly adorable.
Anna apparently knows how cute she is in it.
Finally we put on her Trolls costume again. My camera died so I didn't get as many pictures but I loved this costume as well.
It was a fun evening and I'm so happy we took part in the recital. Dance was a positive experience and I look forward to when we put both Anna and Jane in dance!
No comments:
Post a Comment