Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Boston!

At the end of April Kevin had to go to Milford, MA (near Boston) for 2 weeks for sales training. While he could have come home over the weekend it would have been tiring and a lot of travel for very little time at home. Instead, Kevin's parents watched the girls and I went there! I didn't get in until very late Thursday evening so while Kevin was at training Friday I enjoyed a quiet and relaxing morning/afternoon by myself. It was amazing.

On Saturday we went over to Sarah and Jonathan's house. Kevin has been lucky enough to see them a couple times over the last couple of years but I hadn't seen either of them in over 3 years! It was wonderful spending the afternoon and evening at their home. 

Sarah and Jonathan are expecting a little girl in July so we had to give a gift and share some of our more comical parenting experiences.  ðŸ˜†


On Sunday we drove into Boston to do a little sightseeing. We were also celebrating Kevin's birthday. 

We waked through Copp Hill's Burying Ground...the second oldest cemetery in Boston. 

Walked past the Paul Revere Monument. 



Then we met Sarah and Jonathan for some lobster rolls at Jame's Hook and Co. Delicious!

It was so great seeing these guys. I think back fondly often about our wonderful years in California together. So many fun stories and experiences shared. 

Just writing this post leaves me feeling nostalgic. We sure miss them!

I'm so happy it worked out for us to see them as much as we did on this trip. It made for the perfect weekend getaway.

After saying goodbye to Sarah and Jonathan we walked back to our car and did a little sightseeing along the way. Then stopped for cannoli's at Modern Pastry. 

I highly recommend grabbing a sweet treat there if you are even in Boston. Delicious!

I had to fly back Monday and Kevin was back to training but it was a great little trip. We're very thankful Grandma and Grandpa were able to take the girls and give us a much needed weekend together. 

No comments: