Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Strawberries!!!

Last year we enjoyed strawberry picking so much so I knew we had to do it again this year. We would have loved to have had Kevin go with us again but because of travel and weekend commitments we had to go during the week to make sure we made it. 

The strawberry patch was a little further away from the front entrance this year so we had to take a wagon ride to do our picking. The girls didn't mind too much 😉

Inspecting the row before getting started. 

Let the picking begin!!!


Strawberry!!!!





Yummy. 



It's very easy to get more berries than you know what to do with so I did my best to limit how full we filled our basket. It's so hard!

I love this picture.

A selfie with my little cuties. 

Once we'd had our fill of strawberries we went to wait in line for strawberry donuts and cider. It was a long line but there were things to keep them entertained while I kept our place in line. 


The donuts were delightful and I definitely ate more than I should have.  We did manage to take a few home for Kevin to try.

They had fun climbing on the hay bales too and would have done it longer  if we didn't have to catch the wagon ride back. 

It was a wonderful day and I'm so glad we made it again. We missed blueberry picking last year and the season has started so I'm really hoping we can make it this year!

No comments: