Sunday, June 11, 2017

Celebrate Olathe and Spring Soccer

Olathe held a spring event with crafts, games, and an Easter Egg Hunt. It was a nice evening so we were excited to be able to make it this year. Jane wasn't so sure about the Easter Bunny though. 

There was also a bouncy house obstacle course that was pretty fun. The line was long so we only went through once. 

They allowed Kevin to go through with Jane to ensure she could make the climb up to the slide. It was good that Kevin went with her too because she did need a little boost to make it all the way up. 


They staggered the egg hunts by age so Jane went first. It was really crowded because all the parents were with their small children. Luckily Jane was fast and managed to get several eggs and she was happy. 

After seeing the craziness of the younger age group Kevin took Anna off to come up with a strategy for her egg hunt. 

Goofball. 


The following morning was Anna's first soccer practice of the year. After last year not going all that well I wasn't totally sure we were going to do it again. Anna started asking about it though and her age group is included with our YMCA membership so we decided to give it another shot. 


They were asking for parent volunteers to coach and I went ahead and signed up. I knew I was going to miss a week so I signed up as an "assistant". Our friend Ethan had signed up as well as we were able to get them on the same team. Rob (Ethan's Dad) also signed up to volunteer so we were in it together. 
Oranges!!!!
I was worried about how Jane would do with me out on the field but she did great. I think it helped that our friend Eric was also there (and Amanda came prepared with balls and bubbles). She had a blast!


We attempted a group picture since Amanda's parents were there. It's difficult to get 4 kids looking and smiling but I like them anyway. 





Family photo!

Anna did so well this year. She was more engaged and went after the ball much more than last year. I think she was too young last year and I'm very happy we gave it another chance. 
Eric and Anna goofing around
Anna and Jane sure love hugging Eric!


We decided to grab some lunch at Sonic afterwards and we had a blast there too. 


I sure love these two silly, goofy girls!




No comments: