Sunday, June 11, 2017

Swim lessons and Elephant and Piggie

At Anna's Preschool fundraiser we bid on some swim lessons through Midwest Scuba and Swim. We won the silent auction so I called to set up some lessons for both girls. Included in what we bid on was the enrollment fee and 2 months of lessons for one kid. I'd intended to just do the two months since this it is somewhat expensive but I we've decided to continue on through the summer since we're not taking a vacation this summer. 
Goofing around before lessons!
It's kind of an event for a 30 minute swim class but we've gotten into a routine. The lesson is at 5 pm so we have smoothies around 3:30-4 pm so we're not starving. It's a good 20 minute drive during that time of day and then it takes a little longer on the way home. Kevin was gone every swim day during the first month so we started going to Sonic. By the time we eat, get baths, and get to bed I'm usually exhausted! 

Silly girls!


Anna and Jane both really like their teachers and took to them very quickly. Miss Natalie is tough and doesn't mess around but she also is funny and warm and the kids adore her. 

Jane's teacher is also very nice and Jane immediately bonded with her which is unusual for Jane. She loves that Miss Kelsey has blue hair and we talk about it a lot. 


I've been so impressed so far with the lessons and I'm very happy we started here. Once school starts and we're paying for both to attend preschool we'll likely have to take a break. I'm hoping by the end of the summer we have a good foundation and that a few lessons at the YMCA can help the girls keep up what they've learned. 


In April I took the girls to see "Elephant & Piggie's: We Are In A Play" at The Coterie theater at Crown Center. We adore Elephant and Piggie books and we were all super excited to go. It was a little different than I expected (the character's weren't wearing masks or head gear or anything) but it was fantastic. Jane did get a little restless since some of the jokes take a little more maturity to get (Anna probably didn't get them all either but she would never admit to not liking something like this). I loved it though and I'm so glad we went. 


Pre-show selfie!

After the show we had lunch at Fritz's and stopped for ice cream. 

We also wandered around the shops and had fun in the crayola store. 


Anna drew a picture of waves and particles. We had just read a book about rainbows and watched an episode of Storybots that talks about why the sky is blue. I thought it was pretty amazing she decided to draw a picture of this. 

I can't remember what Jane was drawing a picture of but I'll ask her and if she remembers I'll try to update this post. 

We always have to check out the lego people!

The fountains were another source of entertainment. I managed to get this sweet photo. Right after I took this picture Jane pushed Anna away. Hahaha.

They really are sweet together most of the time. Jane knows how to irritate Anna though!

No comments: